Body Contouring Treatment is an excellent way of getting rid of the body’s accumulated, stubborn fat that diet and exercise cannot eliminate. There are surgical means and non-surgical cosmetic treatments, both of which help contour the body, revealing a well-toned and much firm appearance underneath layers of unwanted fat or undesirable loose skin–insert body sculpting or contouring.
Naturally, we all have sculpted figures waiting to be revealed, and with dieting and exercising not effective enough towards reaching your aesthetic goals, body contouring treatments might be the solution you’ve been looking to have. Fat deposits around the abs, saggy thighs or those “love handles” that won’t budge no matter what; body contouring treatments will take care of all of these issues for you. Let’s learn more.
What is Body Contouring?
Body contouring, also called body sculpting, is a known medical or surgical procedure that aims to reshape body areas that have become undesirable over the years. Related methods may involve:
- getting rid of extra skin;
- eliminating excess fat; and
- reshaping or contouring specific areas of the body.
Body contouring isn’t usually for the sole purpose of losing weight. On the contrary, it helps body shape. It addresses specific target points where even the most effective weight loss programs won’t do good or focus on extra skin even after significant weight loss results.
Why Used Body Contouring?
People tend to resort to body contouring to have that thinner look and feel or to attain a particular, desired body shape. Body contouring is often used towards specific body areas. It’s already a dead-end for dieting and exercising, especially when everything doesn’t make any difference.
Surgical options towards body contouring can also help remove extra skin, making the skin look smoother and younger. These procedures can benefit those with excess skin even after undergoing significant weight loss. Such practices can also improve those loose, saggy, or wrinkled skin that comes with aging naturally.
Body contouring targets most areas of our body, the most common ones include:
- arms and hands
- the back area
- belly and flanks or the “love handles”
- buttocks and its cheeks
- the neck and chin area
- legs and thighs
Aside from removing excess skin, body contouring treatments also provide several other benefits such as:
- targeting many different body parts with one procedure;
- significantly improving one’s comfort;
- being virtually painless;
- finally getting relief to those stubborn areas;
- being non-invasive;
- having convenience; and
- comparing superior results to its counterparts.
Different Body Contouring Types
Here are some of the various body contouring procedures in today’s market scene. Let’s get to know more of them.
Lipolysis – is a non-surgical body contouring, subdivided into several other methods:
- Cryolipolysis – uses very low temperatures in destroying fat cells.
- Injection lipolysis – involves placement of deoxycholic acid inside the body to target fat cells.
- Laser lipolysis – utilizes laser technology in destroying fatty tissue cells.
- Radiofrequency lipolysis – uses waves of ultrasound heated to target fat cells.
As typical as these procedures are, sometimes, their results can vary due to different factors.
On the other hand, there are also options for surgical body contouring, which include:
- Lifts and tucks – are surgical procedures that help remove excess fat and extra skin. Examples of such methods include abdominoplasty, a tummy tuck; rhytidectomy, commonly called a facelift; mastopexy, or breast lifts and; double chin surgery.
- Liposuction – or shortened as ‘lipo,’ is a surgical procedure that suctions out the fat deposits stored inside the body.
Popular Body Contouring Treatments
With the popularity of body contouring treatments, these specific treatments stood out from their competition and have risen to the occasion of providing effective body contouring results:
This non-invasive procedure efficiently builds essential muscles and burns unwanted fat. With high-intensity electromagnetic therapy, Emsculpt enlarges current muscles and helps grow new muscle fibers. One treatment lasts up to 30 minutes – already equivalent to 20,000 crunches or squats. A series of four (4) Emsculpt treatments is highly recommended for best results.
This procedure reduces body fat and helps tighten skin using controlled heating and cooling processes, delivering energy to different tissues’ depths. During this procedure, connective tissue reconstruction and formation are initiated, visibly improving the body through effective contouring and sculpting.
This procedure utilizes vibration powers in reducing cellulite appearance, giving you skin that’s tighter and younger-looking. These utilized vibrations are strong enough towards improving the appearance of cellulite, simultaneously being gentle sufficient to result in no downtime or even adverse known side effects.
FAQs on Body Contouring
“What happens during liposuction and other surgical body contouring?”
The liposuction procedure usually lasts around 45 minutes to several hours, greatly depending on what needs to be done. Teams for surgical procedures, usually:
- Mark targeted sites before the operation.
- Place you on the surgical table after having safety checks using techniques in nursing and anesthesia.
- Administer local or general anesthesia based on your specific procedure.
- Cleans and prepares your skin in the targeted area.
- Create incisions or cuts in your skin, all based on the particular function (s) being performed.
- Slice, reposition, or alter tissue and excess fat shapes, creating the look you want.
- Tighten your muscles during standard abdominoplasty.
- Trim down excess skin.
- Suck and suction out excessive fats through liposuction on its own or combined with other procedures.
- Close incisions once the procedure is complete.
- Apply numbing creams and bandages.
“What happens after your body contouring treatment?”
In general, patients can go home immediately the same day, even after undergoing surgical procedures. If surgery is your choice, make sure to have someone with you to drive you home and stay with you for the first night. Thin tubes near one or more of your incisions can be present in draining fluids and help prevent swelling. Surgical teams will usually give you recovery instructions. These tips may include:
- Drain care and bandage changing.
- Avoiding blood clots through minding over-activities and ambulating or moving around a lot.
- Reporting complications—if any—explained before your operation.
- Avoiding exposure to the sun.
- Using medications like ointments or pills in controlling pain or preventing infection.
For non-surgical body contouring or sculpting, though, you can immediately leave the office or clinic after the procedure. Usually, you can drive yourself home and go about your day quite usually.
Final Thoughts on Body Contouring Treatments
Body contouring treatments are the new age of overall rejuvenation and beautification. Keep yourselves informed on how each different treatments work and how these can work for you, too. Let body contouring treatments not only shape you physically but also contour you confidently, emotionally, and mentally.
Is body contouring the treatment you’ve been waiting for so long? Experience it today with our friends at Pam Chaney Aesthetics, helping you every step of the way towards effective body contouring. Visit them now! https://pamchaneyaesthetics.com/