Collagen stimulators are today’s modern approach to boosting our body’s collagen production. These collagen stimulators are injectables that help increase the body’s natural production of collagen. Injecting these stimulators into the skin’s deeper layers can offer that natural look achieved from one’s collagen, making these skincare options great for longer-lasting maintenance.
Today, we’ll learn more about collagen stimulators and if you can stimulate collagen growth naturally. Read until the end to learn more.
What are Collagen Stimulators?
Collagen stimulators are popular aesthetic treatments that increase the skin’s volume. Results occur by activating the skin’s ability to produce collagen, helping restore the skin’s structure and renewing its firmness. As the most abundant protein in our human bodies, collagen is typically found in the skin, muscles, tendons, and bones. As we get older, the collagen production that happens in our bodies also decreases. Over a given period, this incident leads to the loosening and sagging of the skin and the gradual formation of facial folds and wrinkles.
How Do Collagen Stimulators Work
Collagen stimulators work as injectables administered into the deeper layers of our skin. Injecting these collagen stimulators helps the body boost the production of collagen, which leads to a much younger-looking appearance. Additionally, these stimulators provide longer-lasting results. Injectable collagen stimulators are great options for people who want that more natural look. This idea is possible because our bodies produce the collagen to achieve your desired results.
Some of the most commonly used collagen stimulators are Sculptra, Radiesse, and Renuva. These popular collagen treatments help correct significant volume loss, resulting in sagging skin and recessed areas. Furthermore, these collagen stimulators can provide remarkable results that take care of deep folds, including nasolabial folds.
What is Sculptra?
Sculptra is a famous liquid facelift that uses an injectable material made of poly-L-lactic acid. This collagen stimulator’s primary material is biocompatible and does not harm our bodies. And is also biodegradable, which can be broken down by our body.
How Does Sculptra Work?
- It aims to restore and correct facial fat loss through volume replacement.
- Does not use human or animal sources
- Performing skin tests are not needed.
- Most require three (3) injection sessions that are spaced six (6) weeks apart before seeing the full effects.
- Due to the swelling that results from the injections and from the water used in diluting this product, initial treatments may appear that Sculptra is working fast.
- After a few days, the swelling subsides, giving you a look you had before the treatment.
- But after 2-3 months, the body starts producing its collagen.
- Resulting are longer-lasting
How Long Does Sculptra Last?
As a collagen stimulator, Sculptra results can last for as long as two (2) years.
What is Radiesse?
Radiesse consists of calcium hydroxylapatite that helps the body stimulate the production of collagen. Like Sculptra, this treatment also grows collagen around the injection site.
How Does Radiesse Work?
- Made of calcium hydroxyapatite (CaHA) gel microspheres
- Immediately work as a collagen stimulator upon injection.
- CaHA has phosphate and calcium ions occurring naturally inside the human body.
- Initially, these injectable gels do all the work of volume filling that you want.
- Over time, however, the CaHA stimulates our naturally-occurring collagen that allows the skin to produce more of its filler.
- The gel’s hydrogen, oxygen, and carbon components help create a structure mimicking connective tissue.
- Eventually, our bodies absorb CaHA and leave the collagen in its place.
- Results from this treatment can last for over a year — even up to two (2) years for other collagen stimulators.
How Long Does Radiesse Last?
Radiesse lasts nine (9) to twelve (12) months. Our bodies safely metabolize this treatment over time as it degrades naturally. Skin testing is not needed for Radiesse.
What is Renuva?
Renuva is a revolutionary treatment and a collagen stimulator that replaces aging-induced fat loss using your fat injected into the body. Produced in the United States, Renuva can easily be applied to the face, hands, and body to help replace volume loss.
How Does Renuva Work?
- Injections are usually in-office procedures.
- It usually takes about 30 to 60 minutes, depending on the number of treated areas.
- A very straightforward: (1) treatment areas are numbed with local anesthetics; and (2) once numbed, Renuva is injected beneath the skin using tiny needles or cannula.
- Short recovery time is short: return to your job or other daily activities right after the procedure.
How Long Does Renuva Last?
The first three (3) months after your initial treatment can be crucial for the results you’ll get from this collagen stimulator. During this period, Renuva disappears, then gets replaced by one’s fat cells. These fat cells, on average, have a lifespan between 5-10 years.
Common Treatment Uses
For the Face Area
Injections of collagen stimulators are administered on different parts of the face, including the cheeks, temples, jawline, smile lines, etc. Stimulation of collagen in this area takes around 45 minutes, strengthening and tightening the skin. It is also one great way to restore volume in the face naturally. Typically, three (3) treatments are recommended for results that last for as long as 2-3 years.
For the Décolletage and Neck
Collagen stimulators are injected into the areas of the neck and chest. It is a 30-minute procedure that boosts collagen production as it strengthens the skin. These results can last as long as 2-3 years.
For Body Skin Tightening
As to improve the skin’s tone and texture, this booster can be administered to the knees, elbows, or abdomen, taking only 30 minutes to stimulate collagen production. These results can last around two (2) and three (3) years.
For Cellulite Treatment
These injections are placed into the leg areas, diminishing cellulite appearance and creating a much smoother, firmer appearance. A recommended series of these 45-minute, 3-4 collagen stimulator treatments are suggested. These results last long, for 2-3 years.
For Booty Enhancement
Sculptra’s popular “Booty Lift” is among the innovative, non-surgical procedures that offer minimal downtime. After 45 minutes, your body begins to create its volume. Results of the Sculptra injections leave you with a booty you’ll be proud to show off. Typically, these results last two (2) to three (3) years.
For Hand Rejuvenation
Rejuvenate your hands using this premium collagen stimulator treatment. Like the face, the hands can also show age. As our youth fades away, our veins and tendons also become more prominent. Using this procedure can immediately restore lost volume after 45 minutes. This treatment in the back of the hands has smooth, natural-looking, and long-lasting results.
Final Thoughts About Collagen Stimulators
Collagen stimulators can effectively rejuvenate skin that has lost its volume. After reading this article today, know more about this treatment by consulting your doctor or healthcare provider about collagen stimulators to enjoy its results fully.